Looking for visual observation buddies near Helsinki

Aloittaja siovene, 12.10.2009, 14:32:44

« edellinen - seuraava »

siovene

Hi all,
my name's Salva, I'm a 28 years old Italian who has lived in Helsinki for 4 years.

I was wondering if anybody in the Helsinki area is usually gathering up in a small group, perhaps filling a car, and heading to dark skies nearby for observation sessions.
Unfortunately, I haven't got much to offer myself (no car, only a small 114mm newton telescope) except some company.

So, if anybody is going somewhere dark for some observation, and would like some company, feel free to invite me :)

Please ask more if you need!
Thanks!

EDIT: added "near Helsinki" to the summary.

Miikka Sikkilä

Hey Salva!

I'm sure you'll find buddies from Helsinki area. Have you been in Ursa meetings in Helsinki yet? I'd like to hook you up for our societys activities but I'm based some 350km's from Helsinki and only occasionally visit there for work duties etc. But I'm sure you'll find good company!
Miikka Sikkilä - Oulu

siovene

Hi Miikka,
yes, I'm an Ursa member and have been at the observatory. As a matter of fact, I have held many sun-shows this summer :-) But I'm not satisfied about the quality of the sky so near the city center, so I was looking for people that went somewhere darker with cars :-)

Kaizu

Kirkkonummen Komeetta is quite near Helsinki and they have own observatory. They have boasted their dark skies.

Kaizu
Kai Forssen