Astronautti Scott Kellyn kokemus maan painovoimasta

Aloittaja mrkat, 12.10.2017, 01:36:09

« edellinen - seuraava »

mrkat

Astronautti Scott Kelly vietti 340 päivää avaruudessa. Harvinaisen yksityiskohtainen kuvaus miltä tuntuu maahan palattua on Brisbane Times -lehdessä:

Astronaut Scott Kelly on the devastating effects of a year in space
NASA astronaut Scott Kelly spent a year in space. His recollections of this unprecedented test of human endurance, and the physical toll it took, raise questions about the likelihood of future travel to Mars.
I struggle to get up. Find the edge of the bed. Feet down. Sit up. Stand up. At every stage I feel like I'm fighting through quicksand. When I'm finally vertical, the pain in my legs is awful, and on top of that pain I feel a sensation that's even more alarming: it feels as though all the blood in my body is rushing to my legs, like the sensation of the blood rushing to your head when you do a handstand, but in reverse.
I can feel the tissue in my legs swelling. I shuffle my way to the bath room, moving my weight from one foot to the other with deliberate effort. Left. Right. Left. Right. I make it to the bathroom, flip on the light, and look down at my legs. They are swollen and alien stumps, not legs at all. "Oh shit," I say. "Amiko, come look at this." She kneels down and squeezes one ankle, and it squishes like a water balloon. She looks up at me with worried eyes. "I can't even feel your ankle bones," she says.